Saturday, July 28, 2007

Phone Update

Mommy called my holiday family this morning to make sure that everything was going well. I was playing outside when Mommy called. My Aunt Helen told my mom that I arrived safely and that I have been really well-behaved. She told Mommy that I am really good at walking and that they loved how I place retrieved items on their lap instead of at their feet. The puppy that Aunt Helen and family recently raised was really good at retrieving, just like I am, but he just left stuff at their feet, I guess. The thing is, I have noticed that people are funny. They are more likely to throw something, like Baby, for example, again and again if you put it on their lap and stare at them with a really cute, hopeful expression. If you just put something, like Baby, at their feet, they may not even notice it. If they don't notice it, they certainly aren't going to throw it again.

Aunt Helen also told Mommy that I am having an operation on Monday. After Monday, I won't be able to have babies. That is OK because my goal is not to become a mommy, it is to become a Service Dog or a Companion Dog. I have to make sacrifices in order to reach my goal.

Here is a picture of me from yesterday morning, before Carol picked me up. I wonder how much I am going to grow and change during my holiday at Aunt Helen's house??

2 comments:

Lisa and pups said...

Oooooh, you're so adorable! I just want to squeeze you! Good job on the retrieving and walking!

Erin said...

I'm currently watching a L/P cross while my Rei is in heat; and he LOVESS to retrieve!!!
He does the same thing and will drop in in your lap; or hand or on the chair anywhere you can see it!