Monday, October 08, 2007

Back to Basics

Well, I have been having a little bit of trouble lately. I am starting to be a little bit defiant like Bella. It isn't all the time, just sometimes. For example, at the grocery store, there have been several times when I have decided to slide down to the ground when I have been asked to SIT and SHAKE. My parents have been drilling and drilling my basic commands with me ever since my defiance issue started.

I had a several hour evaluation with my teacher last week. She thinks that my problem may be that I am confused about getting commands from both of my parents. That made sense to my parents. Last Sunday during our walk, my mommy was holding my lead. At one point she said HEAL. I healed next to my daddy. It was a really hard choice for me because they were both standing right there and they were both looking at me. My parents are going to try to be more clear about whose turn it is to be in charge. The one who is NOT in charge has to look away and totally disengage.

But don't worry, I am still really good at a lot of things. Last puppy class we learned TIP. Here is a 3-second video of me doing TIP.

No comments: